All variants of LG Optimus G can be rooted with this universal rooting kit regardless of which firmware the phone is currently running.
You can download the rooting kit from here:
- If you didn’t already, download and install LG mobile drivers from here:
- On you phone enable ‘USB Debugging’ by going to ‘Settings > Developer options’.
- Connect your phone to your PC. Choose ‘Charge only’ mode.
- Unzip the downloaded rooting kit and run the Windows batch file named ‘CurrentRoot’.
- When prompted, without unplugging your phone from the PC, change mode from ‘Charge only’ to ‘MTP’.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Your phone will reboot.
- Congratulations! You just rooted your LG Optimus G.
- If it didn’t succeed, it means that you didn’t follow the instructions properly as this method is confirmed to work with any LG Optimus G. In that case, please start over and be more careful this time.